NIT Rourkela Ph.D. / M.Tech 2016: National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela has released a notification regarding the admission into Ph.D / M.Tech (Research) Programmes of the Institute with or without fellowship for the academic year 2017-2019. The application for this course has been available from November 10, 2016, and the completion of the scrutiny ended on November 30, 2016. The result of NIT Rourkela Ph.D. / M.Tech is going to be released on December 02, 2016. Check out the complete details of National Institute of Technology (NIT) Rourkela 2017 Notification, Application Form, Syllabus, Previous Question Papers, Slot Booking, Eligibility, Important Dates, Hall Tickets, Results, Answer Keys, Counselling and more details from the below article.
You Might Also Like:
- Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam (AEEE) 2017 Notification, Application.
- Scholarship 2016 For 10th, 12th, UG, PG & Abroad Study Students.
NIT Rourkela Ph.D. / M.Tech Notification
NIT Rourkela 2017 Important Dates:
NIT Rourkela Ph.D. and M.Tech (Research) Admission 2017 Schedule is given below.
|Application form available from||10 Nov 2016|
|Application to be scrutinized||sumitted till 25 Nov 2016|
|Completion of scrutiny of applications by all departments||30 Nov 2016|
|Result of scrutiny||02 Dec 2016|
|Interview||12 Dec 2016|
|Result of Interview||16 Dec 2016|
|Admission||26 Dec 2016|
|Semester Registration||02 Jan 2017|
|Starting of Class / Research work||03 Jan 2017|
NIT Rourkela Ph.D / M.Tech (Research) Admission 2017
Qualifying Degrees and Primary Disciplines for Admission to Ph.D./ M.Tech (Research) Programmes
Following are the minimum academic eligibility criteria to be eligible for applying to a programme. However, a higher short listing criteria (possibly different for different departments) may be set by the Department during scrutiny of applications depending on the departmental requirement, number and quality of applicants. In addition to the minimum eligibility criteria, following mandatory eligibility criteria will be used for shortlisting the candidates. Therefore, merely satisfying the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee a candidate to be called for interview and mere attending an interview does not guarantee a seat for admission.
- In addition to the minimum eligibility criteria (based on B. Tech, M.Sc., MBA, MA, M. Tech. and M. Pharm examinations) a candidate should score minimum 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA throughout career to be eligible for admission to Ph.D. or M.Tech.(Res) programme. The DRC, however, may make one exception (marks <60% or Grade < 6.5/10) at its discretion from among the results of 10th, +2, BA, B.Sc., Diploma etc.(except qualifying degree) if the candidate has qualified GATE/NET/GPAT or other national level fellowship tests like DSTINSPIRE, RGNF etc.
- For admission to Engineering and Science disciplines (except Life Science), a candidate should have passed Mathematics in +2 Science.
- . Science students admitted to Ph.D. programme in Engineering need Mathematics in +3 level. Students without Mathematics in +3 level may be admitted under the condition that they will have to register for 16 credits of 100 and 200 level Mathematics and 100 level Computer Science courses (Theory and Practical) in addition to their normal course requirement, and secure at least C grade in each course.
- A student should have passed Life Science or Biological Science either in +2 or +3 level for admission to Ph.D in Life Science department.
NIT Rourkela Ph.D / M.Tech 2017 Notification & Information Brochure
Click the below link for More Detail of NIT Rourkela Notification & Information Brochure 2016.
Stay tuned to this website for more details regarding NIT Rourkela Entrance Test 2016 Results, answer key, cut off marks, results, merit list, rank list, counselling dates etc. Hope you like this National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela Examination (NIT Rourkela-2016) Entrance Test 2016 Results, Final Merit List, Rank List, Score Card and Counselling, Admission Details. If you like this please share it with your friends who are eagerly waiting to check the Results & Merit List of NIT Rourkela 2016.